Healthy Recipe of the Month
These Soba Noodles with Ginger Broccoli are the perfect way to jump start your health. They’re fun and easy – not to mention this entire dish took me less than 20 minutes to make (ideal for a Meatless Monday or any other day of the week for that matter).
Coconut Soba Noodles with Ginger Broccoli ( serves 4 )
Prep Time: 6 mins,
Cook Time: 6 mins,
1 (9.5 ounces) package soba noodles
2 teaspoons coconut oil
1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
1 garlic clove, minced
2 cups broccoli florets
1 teaspoon salt
1 15-ounce can light coconut milk
2 tablespoons lime juice
1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
1. Cook the soba noodles according to the package directions. Drain, rinse with cold water, and set aside.
2. Heat the oil in a small pot over medium heat. Add the garlic and ginger and cook for 1 minute.
3. Add the broccoli florets, salt and coconut milk, bring to a boil, reduce to medium and cook for 5 minutes.
4. Add the noodles to the coconut milk mixture and toss to thoroughly coat.
5. Sprinkle with the lime juice and cilantro and serve.
optional ingredients: cooked shrimp or chicken